There Are Many Ways We Can Help!
With Home Care Offices in Westminster and Glendale, We Are Always Nearby. We provide In-Home Companion Care for Seniors in Orange County, Long Beach, & South Los Angeles County
Companion Care at Home
Nu Care is the perfect solution for seniors and others in need who aren’t ready to leave their home for an institutional setting, but need support to remain at home. We improve your life by providing compassionate, one-on-one care in the comfort of your own home. Our personalized and affordable services are available 7 days a week and can range from a few hours a day to 24/7 live-in care.
Nu Care provides home care companions in private homes, assisted living communities, hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, and rehabilitation centers. Our highly-qualified and trained caregivers are ready to help you and your loved ones with a variety of daily activities, such as:
- Light Personal Care which includes: monitoring of bathing, dressing and grooming, and medication reminders.
- Daily Errands & Transportation
- Light Housekeeping
- Meal Preparation
- Companionship and conversation including reading together, games and puzzles, cooking together and watching TV.
- Pet Care
We begin the process by conducting a complimentary in-depth assessment of you or your loved one's lifestyle, medical conditions, and the kind of assistance needed to remain independent at home. We will meet with you and your family and jointly determine the scope of care. During the meeting, we fully explain the services available, answer any additional questions, and help with important care decisions faced by the family with a loved one in need. Issues covered include the following:
- Matching the appropriate caregiver
- Daily routines
- Health and medication issues
- Emergency response
- Nutritional issues
- Home cleaning issues
- Transportation needs
- Costs of services
After meeting with the patient or family, a customized and comprehensive Care Plan is developed to meet the physical, psychological, and social needs of the patient and the family. We take a holistic approach to matching the best caregiver with your loved one, taking into account important elements as the senior's needs and personality. Moreover, ongoing follow-up supervision ensures that the care plan is well-implemented and that the patients changing needs are met with diligence. We are always mindful of family finances, and we can create a care plan that meets almost all budgets..
So don’t delay – take advantage of this no-obligation opportunity to assess your needs and discover how we can significantly improve your life and the life of your loved one. For more information, or to request a FREE assessment meeting, simply contact us at 714-495-2844 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assistance for Family Caregivers
If you find yourself caring for an aging loved one, you are not alone! Nu Care is here to assist by providing “respite care” for the family caregiver (i.e., a wife caring for a husband or a daughter/son caring for her/his parents). Constant caregiving can bring considerable stress. Very often, we see that when we give relief with daily routines, allowing the family caregiver(s) more time for themselves, the relationship strengthens. Nu Care can help you by providing:
- Caregivers who can help you take a few hours off, without feeling guilty or stressed, while you take care of yourself or other members of your family. Giving yourself a little bit of time away may be just what the doctor ordered and will help you to be a much better family caregiver.
- In-home assessments. We routinely perform in-home assessments that result in a customized care plan for your loved ones. You may choose to have us carry out the care plan in whole or in part, or you may simply choose to use the care plan to improve your own ability to care for your loved one.
- Access to information and training. We have access to (and offer) a wealth of information, training and resources for caregivers.
- Fall-prevention assessments and training. One of the largest sources of injuries among seniors is falling. We can help you assess the risks that your loved one faces and provide education on how to minimize the risk of falling. Also, if you request, we will even conduct a free workshop on fall prevention for your group. Visit the Fall Prevention section to learn more.
- Home safety checks. We have extensive experience in the multi-faceted process of ensuring that your loved one’s home is safe, which is vital to maintaining independence for as long as possible.
- Support and understanding. We can help you get connected with support groups and individuals in our area that can help YOU, as well as help you care for your loved one.
So if you or your family are in need of some help, don’t hesitate to contact us. You can talk to us about your unique situation, schedule a free in-home assessment, and be well on your way to a happier, healthier life for you and your loved one.
Our Care Plans
We offer three different Care Plans and all of them can be personalized to meet each client's needs. Our care manager will speak with you to determine the appropriate Care Plan to keep costs low.
Basic Care Plan
- Companion Care at Home
- Light Housekeeping & Meal Preparation
- Medication Reminders
- Incidental transportation in normal car
- Grocery Shopping
Immediate Care Plan
All of the above and:
- Incidental transportation in normal care
- Bathing, Grooming and Oral Hygiene Assistance
- Incontinence Care
- Feeding Assistance
- Assist in Daily Living
Advanced Care Plan
- All of the above and
- Memory care for clients with dementia and cognitive impairment